Things to see and do
February Half Term 2020
Posted: Wednesday 12 February 2020
From feeding lambs to riding steam trains, there are plenty of exciting events which the whole family can enjoy in Essex this February half term. We’ve included five of our favourites below:
- Diesel days. Get yourselves down to the East Anglian Railway Museum on the Wednesday in half-term for unlimited rides on one of their classic diesel trains. Explore the vintage carriages and enormous Goods Shed and check out some grand old locomotives under restoration.
- Power days. From 19-23 February The Museum of Power near Langford have a jam-packed schedule of fun activities to surprise and delight. Included are arts and crafts, bug hunts and the power of push and pull – making aeroplanes and catapults from household items. Bonza!
- Zoo days. Visit Colchester Zoo throughout February half-term and learn more about your favourite animals during their ‘Fabzoolous Friends’ event. Why not combine it with our awesome family zoo break?
- Lambing days. From 15-23 February it’s lambing week at Barleylands Farm Park. Bring the whole family down to the Farm Park and meet their adorable new born lambs and proud Mothers. Decorate sheep biscuits, bottle-feed a lamb and experience a tractor ride in their extensive grounds.
- Garden days. Join RHS Garden Hyde Hall for a week of family fun from 15 – 23 February. Children can enjoy a range of all-weather activities, including a family-friendly garden trail, drop-in craft workshops and storytelling.