Five Lakes Resort’s policy on payment is that no money will be deducted from guests until they check out. In order for us to operate this policy we will need to follow the process laid out below. Payment can be made in a number of different ways. We can take payment using Cash, a valid Credit or Debit card, or by pre-arrangement with a third party which is guaranteed in writing prior to the guest’s arrival at Five Lakes.
Whatever the terms of payment for each guest’s stay with us, we will need to take a pre-authorisation of a valid Credit or Debit card upon arrival.
What is a Pre-authorisation?
A pre-authorisation is a temporary hold on a specific amount of the available balance on a valid Credit or Debit card. This pre-authorisation is not a charge and no funds have been debited from an individual’s account.
How much is a pre-authorisation?
The amount that we pre-authorise will depend on the number of room nights that the guest will stay. If staying for 3 nights at £100.00 per night, we will pre-authorise 3 x £100.00 ie £300.00 plus a daily amount to cover incidental spend within the hotel. This is currently at £50 per day and would cover any charges incurred in the Hotel within the other departments such as Restaurants, Bars and the Spa.
When and Why is the Card Pre-authorised.
All Credit or Debit Cards will be pre-authorised on check-in. When the guest provides a valid Credit or Debit Card, the pre-authorisation guarantees us that the funds are available to pay for any charges incurred during the stay at Five Lakes Resort.
When does this Pre-authorisation get released from the valid card
This will vary dependent or the individual’s Credit or Debit Card provider. The way this works is that on check-in a pre-authorisation amount is requested by the Hotel’s card terminal to the card holder’s bank. Your Bank or Credit Card Company authorises the funds and sends an authorisation code to the hotel. This confirms the availability of the requested funds in the card holder’s account to cover charges incurred in the hotel (if any)
This authorisation code is expected to be used when the transaction is about to be completed (upon check out from the Hotel). If this authorisation code is not used by the hotel, this means that the guest’s account had no incidental charges during the stay OR the hotel has secured funds through other means (Cash or another Card has been used) and has no need to use the pre-authorised funds or do not wish to proceed with the transaction due to other reasons. The fund pre-authorised on the given card, and subsequently not used will be released by the Bank or Card Company normally within 5-7 working days. Some Banks or Card Companies may take longer especially if the Card is issued outside of the United Kingdom.
If the guest wished to pay on another Card upon check out, then we will cancel the pre-authorisation at the desk which will release the amount held by the Bank or Card Company within normally a few working days depending on the guest’s Bank.
Is the Guest’s Money safe and who holds the amount?
The guest’s Bank or Card Company are responsible for the Maintenance and Management of the pre-authorised process.
Do you accept Cash Payment?
Yes, if the guest wishes to pay with cash that is fine, but photo Identification will be required. However, the guest will still be expected to provide a valid Credit or Debit Card for Pre-authorisation at the time of check-in. Upon departure, the Pre-authorisation will be released.
What if the guest does not wish to have a valid card pre-authorised
Unfortunately, we are unable to check in a guest in the absence of a Credit or Debit Card pre-authorisation. It is understandable that sometimes guests are unhappy giving their card details for authorisation. Assurance can be given that we are PCI DSS compliant with regards to credit card security and have strict systems and procedures in place to ensure that the guest’s data is kept secure.
What if I have a business account?
We will still require a pre-authorisation as per point 2, unless your business has a pre -approved credit arrangement with Five Lakes Resort.
What if my room has been pre-paid through a third-party booking agent/online travel agent?
If you have booked a room with any of our partners on a pre-paid basis, we will still require a pre-authorisation on a valid Credit or Debit card for £50.00 per room per day to cover any incidental spend. Upon check out the balance of the Pre-authorisation amount will be released.
Are there any exemptions to this policy?
There are no exemptions to this policy.
Your privacy is of the utmost importance to us, which is why we have compiled this comprehensive Data Protection policy in compliance with national and international regulations.
This site is owned and managed Five Lakes and we respect the privacy of all visitors to the site. Please find below information on how the data we collect on you is used, and what you should do if you have any concerns regarding the data held. If you have queries regarding the information contained in this policy please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
“Personal data” referred to henceforth means any of your information collected and logged by us in a way which allows us to identify you directly or indirectly. Please read this policy before providing us with any direct information (i.e. name) or indirect information (i.e. address).
This policy has been created as part of the terms and conditions of our hotel services. By accepting our terms and conditions, you expressly accept the terms of our Data Protection policy detailed below.
1. What information do we collect?
At various points, we may need to collect information about you or your family/fellow guests. This information may include:
- Contact details such as your first name, last name, telephone number or email
- Personal information such as your nationality or date of birth
- Information about your children such as first name, date of birth or age
- Your credit card number for transaction and reservation purposes
- Your arrival/departure dates and room preferences
- Your questions, comments or feedback during or after a stay or visit to us
- Your IP address or cookie information
We will never deliberately collect sensitive information such as racial, religious, sexual or political alignment and only collect information regarding adults or their children from those aged over 18.
2. When do we collect it?
Your information may be collected at the hotel when:
- Booking a room, checking in or paying
- Eating or drinking at our bar or restaurant
- Making a request or complaint
Your information may be collected online when:
- Participating in a customer survey or online competition
- Subscribing to our promotional email newsletter
- Through a third party i.e. a reservation system or travel agent
- When connecting to our website i.e. IP address or cookies
3. Why do we collect it and how we use it?
Contact details – To manage your reservation, requests and services; to monitor use of amenities; to manage your restaurant or bar bookings; to manage special requests, to send you special offers or information via email newsletter and to manage financial and payment records pertaining to your stay or visit.
Personal information – To improve the level of service we offer; to assist in marketing and promotion of our services and help us adapt our services.
Information pertaining to your children – To manage their stay at the hotel; information can only be supplied by an adult.
Credit card number – To guarantee bookings and take payment.
Arrival and departure dates – To manage your hotel booking.
Your questions, comments or feedback – To improve the level of service we offer.
IP address or cookie information – To improve our website navigation and prevent fraud or security breaches.
4. Secure information storage
We take data security seriously and use appropriate technologies and procedures to protect your personal information. Our information security policies and procedures are aligned with widely accepted international standards, we apply the controls detailed in the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard to all environments storing personal data. These standards are applied and are reviewed regularly and updated as necessary to meet our business needs, changes in technology, and regulatory requirements.
Policies and procedures
- We have measures in place to protect against accidental loss and unauthorised access, use, destruction, or disclosure of data
- We have a Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery strategy that is designed to safeguard the continuity of our service to our clients and to protect our people and assets
- We place appropriate restrictions on access to personal information
- We implement appropriate measures and controls, including monitoring and physical measures, to store and transfer data securely
- We conduct Privacy Impact Assessments in accordance with legal requirements and our business policies
Training for employees and contractors
- We require privacy, information security, and other applicable training on a regular basis for our employees and contractors who have access to personal information and other sensitive data
- We take steps to ensure that our employees and contractors operate in accordance with our information security policies and procedures and any applicable contractual conditions
Vendor risk management
- We require, through the use of contracts and security reviews, our third-party vendors and providers to protect any personal information with which they are entrusted in accordance with our security policies and procedures
5. Your rights
We hold on to your information for as long as you have a booking with us, and for as long as is necessary to provide support-related reporting. We’ll also hold on to your information If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions. We may also keep hold of some of your information as required, even if it is no longer needed to provide the services to you. You may see or receive marketing information or promotions when appropriate. You have the following rights:
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances
- The right to stop direct marketing messages, and to withdraw consent for other consent-based processing at any time
- The right to request that we transfer elements of your data either to you or another service provider
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator — in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
We may use certain information to refine your online experience with us and to show you promotions or products which may be of interest to you; you may amend your marketing preferences across your social media channels to opt out of this. We may also email you with exclusive information and promotions; you may unsubscribe from these emails at any time.
Site functionality cookies – these cookies allow you to navigate the site and use our features
Site analytics cookies – these cookies allow us to measure and analyse how our customers use the site, to improve both its functionality and your shopping experience
Customer preference cookies – when you are browsing, these cookies will remember your preferences (like your language or location), so we can make your experience as seamless as possible, and more personal to you
Targeting or advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver ads relevant to you. They also limit the number of times that you see an ad and help us measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
By visiting and using our site, you agree to us placing these sorts of cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit the site in the future. If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, the “help” section in your browser should provide instructions on
how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies.
8. Changes and updates to this policy
We may change our Data Protection policy from time to time, to reflect the way we process your data. Should we make significant changes, we will make that clear on our website, or by some other means of contact such as email, so that you are able to review the changes before you continue to make use of our services.
9. Contact us
Should you wish to contact us at any time with questions, comments, data-related requests or similar, please email us at email@example.com
Issue Date: July 2018
- Check in & Check Out
CHECK IN & CHECK OUT
Hotel rooms at Five Lakes Resort are available from 15:00 on the day of arrival. Guests are welcome to arrive earlier than the specified check in time and enjoy the grounds, Sports Bar or Afternoon Tea.
Guests will not be able to access their room until after check in time. The hotel will do its utmost to make the leisure club facilities available for those arriving early. Please note this cannot be guaranteed, especially during peak days of the week.
For spa guests who have treatments prior to check in, robes and slippers can be collected at The Spa reception on the first floor.
Rooms must be vacated by 11:00 on the day of departure, unless otherwise sanctioned at the discretion of the Hotel Manager. A late check out can be purchased in advance, subject to availability. Please request with our friendly reservations team at time of booking. Late check out supplement charge is £15