Best Attractions in Essex
Posted: Monday 22 July 2019
What's there to see and do in Essex? It's a popular question posed to our Front of House Team on a regular basis. No doubt one that Alexa gets inundated with too. Well, it's certainly a jungle out there but if you're looking for some fun and adventure this summer there's only one place we highly recommend. Here's five reasons why you need to swing by Colchester Zoo this year:
1. You’ll visit many different habitats. From the humid home of the Komodo Dragons to their very own Africa plain, Kingdom of the Wild, where you can see white rhino, giraffes, ostrich, zebra and kudu.
2. You can take part in some fantastic activities with the opportunity to hand feed elephants and giraffes at daily public feeding sessions. Seriously, if you've never fed a giraffe, add it to your list now. Their tongues are hilarious!
3. Walk through a 24m tunnel as sealions swim overhead. It's enchanting and incredibly therapeutic - just as long as the kids are on their best behaviour.
4. Learn about their terrific fun to fund conservation. The Zoo has always cared passionately about the world’s threatened species, and created its charity Action for the Wild to assist conservation projects worldwide. This includes their very own project, the UmPhafa Private Nature Reserve in KwaZulu Natal, South Africa.
5. Fresh air and fitness. Colchester Zoo is a full day affair with so much to see and do. You'll want to arrive early and leave when the keepers kick you out. Cue shameless marketing plug. We offer an incredible Zoo Break with accommodation, meals and tickets.