Creating a safe experience for every guest
STAYING SAFE TOGETHER
Firstly we would like to say a HUGE thank you to our incredible NHS and Key Worker community. These remarkable people have kept us safe and sane over the past few months and we are all truly indebted to them.
We are delighted to be back open and hope your stay with us is a relaxing one. The team here have been working hard behind the scenes to create a safe and socially distanced environment. The health and safety of guests and team members will remain our paramount concern in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
You will notice a few differences here at the hotel and we'll be learning as we go. A number of protocols have been developed by our senior team and these procedures will be shaped further by Government guidelines and regulations. We will continue to evolve these.
In line with the new laws announced by Government we would like to politely remind all guests that masks MUST be worn at all times in and around the hotel, unless you are seated and consuming food or beverage. Please also remember the rule of six must be kept at all times.
We would highly recommend prior to arrival and check-in to download the NHS Track and Trace App. This will help speed up check-in.
Initially, we expect that the phone lines will be busy and our Reservations team will be doing their best to respond to all enquiries as soon as they can. You can of course book direct online. In time our meeting spaces and leisure facilities will all reopen - we'll be sure to update you all as soon as we have more clarity. But for now - we'll have to be patient. Please note - the hotel is not accepting cash at the present time. All payments must be by card.
Please scroll down to read more, or click on the link below to download a PDF detailing our pledge to our guest's safety. We look forward to welcoming you soon, when you're ready.
Andrew Blyth | General Manager
- Queues will be minimal and fast moving due to pre-arrival procedures.
- Where small queues do form, there will be clear physical distancing measures in place.
- Perspex screens will be added to reception desks to protect staff and guests in locations where direct face to face interaction is unavoidable.
- We will be operating a contactless check-in/check-out service and encouraging you to pre-pay to reduce interactions. Card is king!
- All appropriate areas will be disinfected with anti-bacterial chemicals on a regular basis.
- High use areas, confined spaces and key touch points will receive increased levels of cleaning at more regular intervals.
- Anti-bacterial hand wash stations will be available at key points throughout the hotel.
- Guest bedrooms will be completely sanitised after each stay and additional cleaning for high contact surfaces.
- Visual reminders will be in place to encourage frequent hand washing using soap and water or anti-bacterial hand wash (where soap and water is not available) when entering the building, after coughing or sneezing and after using the washrooms.
- SAFE DISTANCING
- One-way systems directing guests and clear social distance markings in public areas.
- All guests will be advised on the need to practise social distancing from other guests and our team members throughout their stay. There will be visual reminders of this requirement in all appropriate places.
- Lifts should only be occupied by guests staying in the same room at any one time. Disinfectant and wipes will be available to clean elevator buttons between users.
- Use of staircases will be encouraged as an alternative with designated staircases for upward and downward travel.
- Where possible, we will implement one-way systems, with public areas clearly marked to indicate direction of travel and safe distancing guidelines.
- Across our property, there will be clear signage to communicate the measures in place and staff members will monitor guest behaviour. Our staff will be required to wear face masks in public areas, and we would encourage our guests to do the same.
- Secondary control measures such as screens, barriers and personal protective equipment (PPE) will be put in place where safe distancing is not practicable.
- The capacity in all areas of the hotel will be limited to enable a safe environment for our guests and employees.
- OUR TEAM
- Please note our team will always welcome you with a friendly smile however it will be from a safe distance.
- All of our team who return to work will have completed health declarations to prove that they are fit and able. They will also have completed our internal COVID-19 training programme.
- Appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including face masks and disposable gloves will be worn by team members based on their roles and responsibilities, and in adherence to Government regulations and guidance.
- RESTAURANT & BARS
- Dinner is served in our Brasserie Restaurant
- The Brasserie is open Monday to Thursday 18:00 – 20:45 | Friday to Sunday 17:00 – 20:45
- If you are dining in our Brasserie restaurant a table reservation must be made. This ensures our team are prepared and so that we can fully apply social distancing rules.
- The last available time slot is now 20:45, with the restaurant being vacated and closed at 22:00 prompt.
- This is in line with new laws announced by the Government.
- To book a table please contact Reservations on 01621 862444
- All of our bars offer table service only.
- The only standing permitted is for entry, exit and for using toilet facilities.
- A member of our team will approach you to take your order along with payment before delivering your drinks to the table.
- Last orders will be 17:30 in The Sports Bar and 21:30 in Bar Lacu.
- Bar Lacu is to be vacated and closed at 22:00 prompt, in line with new laws announced by the Government.
- Tables are laid out in accordance with social distancing guidelines. Please do not move any furniture, speak to a member of the team who will be happy to help.
- All of our Spa team have completed the required COVID-19 training and this will be updated regularly.
- A maximum of six people per booking.
- Please arrive 10 minutes prior to your treatment time.
- Guests will be provided with a Health Questionnaire to complete prior to their treatment.
- Guests will be required to provide a temperature check upon arrival. If the temperature reads 38 above this will result in no treatment and no access to our spa.
- Guests must wear a mask throughout the Resort and during some treatments. This is a requirement. No exceptions.
- Guests will be asked to wash their hands thoroughly prior to treatments.
- Our lovely therapists will be showcasing and wearing a brand new Autumn 2020 collection - full PPE including gloves, masks, aprons and visors.
- Our Spa will have a one-way system in play so please adhere to this.
- The Relaxation Room and Spa Lounge are available for Spa guests.
- Our Sauna and Steam Room are available and can be used during a pre-booked pool slot. Please note that a maximum of two people only at any give time keeping to the markers that our Leisure Team have provided.
- Please note our Spa Bath remains closed.
- All public changing rooms will be unavailable. All shower facilities remain closed for the foreseeable future.
- A limited number of people will be allowed in our swimming pool at any given time. Guests wishing to use the pool will need to pre-book an hourly slot directly with our Spa. Please note this is subject to availability with no guarantees.
- All rooms will be sanitised thoroughly after each treatment. Extra cleaning measures will also be in play in and around the Spa.
- Please don't arrive late - this will eat into your treatment time if you are and you will still be charged the full amount.
- Afternoon Tea will be served in the main hotel from 12:00 to 15:00.
- Card payments only.
- LEISURE CLUB
- It's important to know that things will be very different to begin with. We have implemented new measures to keep all our members and team safe.
- We are reducing the number of people using the cardio gym (downstairs) and swimming pool at any given time. Slots every 45 minutes will be made available on a day-to-day basis.
- A limited number of people will be allowed in the gyms and swimming pool at any given time.
- Adult only swimming is not currently available in the pool.
- Social distancing guidelines should be followed between people from different households wherever possible.
- Members wishing to use the cardio gym (downstairs) or swimming pool will need to pre-book a 45 minute slot by calling the Leisure Club on 01621 862427 or by booking direct online here.
- If reserving via email please provide us with your name, contact number and preferred time slot. Please note this is subject to availability.
- To begin with, a maximum of three 45 minute slots can be booked per week if available.
- We have closed the dry changing rooms for gym users, so if you wish to use the gym, please arrive at the Club ready to work out.
- Gym users will need to bring along their own water bottles.
- No towels will be allowed in the gym. We will be providing cleaning products for you to wipe down the equipment before and after use.
- The wet changing rooms will be available to pool users but if possible, please arrive ready as this will help limit the number of guests within the changing rooms.
- The poolside showers will be open to rinse off after your swim, however, all other shower facilities will remain closed for the foreseeable future.
- Please bring along your own towel when using the pool.
- Our Sauna and Steam Room are available and can be used during a pre-booked pool slot. Please note that a maximum of two people only at any give time keeping to the markers that our Leisure Team have provided. The Spa Bath remains closed.
- Tennis is available to book however you'll need to bring your own rackets and balls.
- The free weights gym (upstairs), snooker room and squash courts are all available to book.
- Golf at Five Lakes Resort resumed on 19th May.
- Buggies are available for hire. Please note single use only unless in the same bubble.
- Our driving range is now open.
- Bookings will need to be made over the phone. Payment will be taken on arrival and is card only.
- All tee times must be pre-booked. No player will be allowed to arrive and tee off without pre-booking.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your tee time and dressed ready to play. Please change your shoes in the car park.
- Tee times will be spaced 8 minutes apart.
- As much as we’d love to see you, please remember to stay alert and follow government advice.
- Masks must be worn if entering our Pro Shop.
- Please don’t touch the flags, there won’t be any serious competition golf for a while so keep it friendly, don’t worry about holing out putts & play ‘gimmies’ from a putter’s length!
- All bunker rakes have been removed from both courses.
- Keep the speed of play moving so that you are always equidistant between other people on the course.
- You may come across local residents who have got used to walking the course during their daily exercise. Please stay safe together.
- We will increase our cleaning rotations especially on ‘high touch’ areas. Please help us to keep the golf course litter free.
- We are experiencing a high volume of calls so we appreciate your patience at this challenging time and ask that you only call if you have an urgent enquiry regarding an imminent reservation.
- Future bookings from 4th July 2020 onwards can be made easily online. We promise to be flexible with future hotel bookings, including those booked on a prepaid, non-refundable rate. For the best rates guaranteed book direct.
- For any new bookings, arriving from 4th July 2020, please note the Resort leisure facilities are not currently open. This includes the swimming pool, sauna, steam room, gyms, squash and tennis courts. When booking a bed and breakfast rate, upon check-in you will be given details on how to pre-order meals.
- If you booked your reservation via a third party (eg. bookings.com, expedia, golfbreaks.com, spabreaks.com and others) please contact them directly for assistance.
- GIFT VOUCHERS
- All vouchers with expiry dates between 1st April - 30th August 2020 will be automatically extended to 30th November 2020.