Creating a safe experience for every guest
STAYING SAFE TOGETHER
LATEST // Following the latest announcement from the Government, Maldon District which includes Five Lakes has been placed under Tier 4 restrictions. We are sad to announce that as parts of Essex are under these tight restrictions, Five Lakes Resort is now closed until further notice.
This means that any overnight stay, spa day, tee time or dining reservations are cancelled. If you have a booking, our reservations team will be in touch as soon as they can to arrange a refund or if you wish, transfer your reservation to another date.
A small team are on hand to help those of you who have future bookings. You can reach them on 01621 862444 09:00 - 17:30 Monday to Friday. Alternatively feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do bear with us - we will endeavour to get hold of you as quickly as we can.
Look after one another, keep well and stay safe!
- Queues will be minimal and fast moving due to pre-arrival procedures.
- Where small queues do form, there will be clear physical distancing measures in place.
- Perspex screens will be added to reception desks to protect staff and guests in locations where direct face to face interaction is unavoidable.
- We will be operating a contactless check-in/check-out service and encouraging you to pre-pay to reduce interactions.
- Cash is NOT currently accepted here at Five Lakes Resort.
- All appropriate areas will be disinfected with anti-bacterial chemicals on a regular basis.
- High use areas, confined spaces and key touch points will receive increased levels of cleaning at more regular intervals.
- Anti-bacterial hand wash stations will be available at key points throughout the hotel.
- Guest bedrooms will be completely sanitised after each stay and additional cleaning for high contact surfaces.
- Visual reminders will be in place to encourage frequent hand washing using soap and water or anti-bacterial hand wash (where soap and water is not available) when entering the building, after coughing or sneezing and after using the washrooms.
- SAFE DISTANCING
- One-way systems directing guests and clear social distance markings in public areas.
- All guests will be advised on the need to practise social distancing from other guests and our team members throughout their stay. There will be visual reminders of this requirement in all appropriate places.
- Lifts should only be occupied by guests staying in the same room at any one time. Disinfectant and wipes will be available to clean elevator buttons between users.
- Use of staircases will be encouraged as an alternative with designated staircases for upward and downward travel.
- Where possible, we will implement one-way systems, with public areas clearly marked to indicate direction of travel and safe distancing guidelines.
- Across our property, there will be clear signage to communicate the measures in place and staff members will monitor guest behaviour. Our staff will be required to wear face masks in public areas, and we would encourage our guests to do the same.
- Secondary control measures such as screens, barriers and personal protective equipment (PPE) will be put in place where safe distancing is not practicable.
- The capacity in all areas of the hotel will be limited to enable a safe environment for our guests and employees.
- OUR TEAM
- Please note our team will always welcome you with a friendly smile however it will be from a safe distance.
- All of our team who return to work will have completed health declarations to prove that they are fit and able. They will also have completed our internal COVID-19 training programme.
- Appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including face masks and disposable gloves will be worn by team members based on their roles and responsibilities, and in adherence to Government regulations and guidance.
- RESTAURANT, BARS & ROOM SERVICE
PLEASE NOTE / Our restaurant and bars are closed for the foreseeable future.
PLEASE NOTE / Our Spa is currently closed until further notice.
- LEISURE CLUB
PLEASE NOTE / Our Leisure Club is closed until further notice.
PLEASE NOTE / Both our golf courses are now closed.
- We strongly recommend following Government guidelines. Five Lakes Resort is in a Tier 4 zone so would advise those living in Tiers 1-3 don't travel.
- Two-balls available only.
- Our driving range is currently closed.
- Bookings will need to be made over the phone. Payment will be taken on arrival and is card only.
- All tee times must be pre-booked. No player will be allowed to arrive and tee off without pre-booking.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your tee time and dressed ready to play. Please change your shoes in the car park.
- Tee times will be spaced 8 minutes apart.
- As much as we’d love to see you, please remember to stay alert and follow government advice.
- Masks must be worn if entering through the Leisure Club entrance.
- Please don’t touch the flags, there won’t be any serious competition golf for a while so keep it friendly, don’t worry about holing out putts & play ‘gimmies’ from a putter’s length!
- All bunker rakes have been removed from both courses.
- Keep the speed of play moving so that you are always equidistant between other people on the course.
- We will increase our cleaning rotations especially on ‘high touch’ areas. Please help us to keep the golf course litter free.
- Finally, as the resort is now in a Tier 4 Very High Alert, all of our bars and restaurants including Starbucks are closed.
- We are experiencing a high volume of calls so we appreciate your patience at this challenging time and ask that you only call if you have an urgent enquiry regarding an imminent reservation.
- Future bookings can be made easily online. We promise to be flexible with future hotel bookings, including those booked on a prepaid, non-refundable rate. For the best rates guaranteed book direct.
- If you booked your reservation via a third party (eg. bookings.com, expedia, golfbreaks.com, spabreaks.com and others) please contact them directly for assistance.
- GIFT VOUCHERS
- All vouchers with expiry dates between 1st April - 30th November 2020 will be automatically extended by six months.